Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sister Miriam, Michelle and Heather continue the conversation on Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Searching for and Maintaining Peace, by discussing the importance of learning to fight the right battle.
They address how often the enemy distracts us by enticing us to fight the wrong battle, which we either lose or are exhausted by.
They also talk about being anchored in our identity as children of God, the power we gain from keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, and where our true home is.
One Thing We Love This Week
- Sister Miriam’s one thing – Pope Francis’ Lenten letter
- Michelle’s one thing – Lauren Daigle, Love Like This
- Heather’s one thing – Documentary movie about Mr. Rogers, Won’t You Be My Neighbor
- Do you notice in your life that you are putting energy into small stories (battles) rather than the bigger stories that are led by the Holy Spirit?
- What does true healing and forgiveness look like?
- Am I fighting my battles from a place of my identity being anchored in a beloved daughter/son of God or do I try to fight battles on my own?
- What are some practical ways you can you keep in the gaze of God in the busyness of life?
- What are you doing in the area of growing in personal holiness?
- Where are you coping out of fear rather than surrendering to the Father?
- The psalms say, my home is by your altars. Where do you often make your home instead of by His altars?
Quote to Ponder
“Spiritual combat consists precisely in this; defending one’s peace of heart against the enemy who attempts to steal it from us” Fr. Jacques Philippe
Scripture for Lectio Divina – John 16:33
“I have told you these things so that you will have peace in Me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage! I have conquered the world”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org