Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sister Miriam, Michelle, and Heather begin Lent with reflections on the book Searching For and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe.
They chat about the truth that without God we can do nothing and that searching for peace isn’t about doing more, but opening to the action of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We are challenged by our calling to be peacemakers and we can’t do that if we don’t have the peace of God first within us. We also ask, what is taking our attention away from the gaze of God this Lent?
One Thing We Love This Week
Sister Miriam’s one thing – St. Faustina’s book Way of the Cross
Michelle’s one thing – The book The Contemplative Rosary with St. John Paul II and St. Teresa of Avila by Dan Burke
Heather’s one thing – The Blessed is She Shine Retreat and the reliquary at St. Tim’s parish in Phoenix, Arizona
- What area of life do you struggle with the most to maintain peace?
- How can I let Jesus act in me? What are the stumbling blocks that hinder Him from acting in me?
- God speaks in the quiet places. What are the places where you can get quiet enough to hear God?
- Can you be a peacemaker without having peace within yourself first? Discuss.
- What’s the one thing that keeps us from staying in the Father’s gaze?
- Is life too much for you or too much for the Lord? Ponder and reflect on where a lie might be in this.
- Where have you given the enemy ground to assault your heart and mind and steal your peace? How can you take that ground back with the power of God?
- What area do you need God to draw you close and minister to you this Lent?
Quote to Ponder
“It would be more efficacious to remain peacefully before the gaze of God and to allow Him to act and work in us with His wisdom and power” – Fr. Jacques Philippe
Scripture for Lectio Divina – John 15:4-5
“Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com