In this episode we talk about the scripture from John 15 where Jesus invites us to abide in Him and remain in His love. We discuss the importance of being rooted in Christ and the stumbling blocks that get in the way of that. We particularly explore the concept of littleness vs striving and self reliance.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Michelle’s One Thing – Haley Stewart’s new book “The Grace of Enough”
- Heather’s One Thing – “Late Have I Loved You” by Gungor
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – Working in her mom’s garden!
- What holds you back from being vulnerable with people in your life?
- What might God be asking you to say no to so that you can be more present with those in front of you?
- Authentic Christianity is not lived in isolation. What is one way you can breakthrough the isolation and connect with your community more regularly?
1. The little things are really the big things in the spiritual life. What are the little things that God is asking you to be faithful to?
2. What parts of your heart do you need to surrender in vulnerability to God today?
3. Where are your roots planted?
Quote to Ponder:
“All things must come to the soul from its roots, from where it is planted” – St Teresa of Avila
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.