Today we begin a short Advent series on the Fellowship of the Feminine Genius. We break open what happens in the power of community and what it means to come together in a circle and champion one another and to offer a place to be seen, known, and celebrated. We use the relationship as Mary and Elizabeth as the model and share our own story of how we met, how God has used our fellowship to encourage and fight for one another and how to offer true friendship and love for one another.
One Thing We Love This Week
- Sr. Miriam’s One thing – Heather’s Advent Playlist
- Michelle’s other one thing – The book by Madeline L’Engle – And it was Good: Reflections on Beginnings
- Heather’s One Thing – Advent book by Ann Voskamp “Unwrapping the Greatest Gift – A Family Christmas Celebration” and the song “Noel” by Lauren Daigle
- What stands out to you about Mary and Elizabeth’s friendship?
- When have women spoken into your life in life giving ways?
- What does a safe circle of friends look like for you?
- How do you need self-care this week? This year?
- In what ways do you need to grow in your ability to be a good friend to others?
- When was one time that you were hurt, leaving you feeling wary and hurt in future relationships with women?
- What is god asking you to risk so that something can be birthed in you this advent season?
Quote to Ponder:
“Love still takes the risk of birth” – Madeline L’Engle
Scripture of the Week – Luke 1:39-56
“At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Meet Your Hosts
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.