Dave “The Kangaroo” VanVickle and I are bouncing around (see what I did there?) answering your questions about spiritual direction, Church scandals, and bringing Jesus into secular work environments, like the medical field and academia.
Snippet from the Show
“Every Catholic needs spiritual direction, but you don’t necessarily need a regular spiritual director.”
*Please continue to pray for Dave’s wife and family during this difficult battle with cancer.
Janet’s Email (7:57) – Using the Kerygma in the Medical Field
Jen’s Email (11:26) – Are Spiritual Directors Necessary?
Matthew’s Email (21:04) – How to Encourage Parishioners Not to Leave after Scandal
Kiara’s Email Pt. 1 (28:22) – Prayer Request
Kiara’s Email Pt. 2 (33:39) – How to Call Our Colleagues to a Life with Jesus
5 Practical Takeaways
- Pray for the plenary council mentioned in Kiara’s email
- Pray for Janet and her group of nurses in Cincinnati
- Pray for Matthew’s parish, that God sends them healing and great leaders
- Pray for Kiara’s PhD thesis
- Pray that God sends more spiritual directors to those who need them
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- Previous Episode: Prison Stories with Gomer
- Catching Foxes Podcast with Gomer and Luke
- Learn more about Opus Dei and Regnum Christi
- The Activated Disciple: Taking Your Faith to the Next Level by Jeff Cavins
- Jesus: The Way, the Truth, and the Life
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
He is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon. Together they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
David “Dave” VanVickle
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen. Since then, he has dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader. His programs focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.