In this special episode, Fr. Josh shares with us the heroic stories of black saints and black individuals on their way to sainthood, who inspire us to persevere in our walk towards eternity.
Snippet from the Show
“Do not let your past dictate your future, every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.”
Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future
- St. Mary of Egypt
- St. Moses the Strong
Don’t leave Jesus because of Judas
- Venerable Teresa Chikaba
- Venerable Henriette Delille
- Venerable Augustus Tolton
- Blessed Francesco de Paula Victor
Imitation of Christ
- St. Josephine Bakhita
Interested in Catholic social teaching? Check out Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for this Generation featuring Fr. Josh Johnson, Mari Pablo, Chika Anyanwu, Chris Stefanick, and more!
- Submit your questions and feedback to Fr. Josh by filling out a form at www.ascensionpress.com/askfatherjosh
- Broken and Blessed by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Adoration by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Reconciliation by Fr. Josh Johnson & Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Fr. Josh Johnson
While Fr. Josh was raised Catholic, he didn’t like the Church growing up. Then, one day in adoration, he fell in love with Jesus and received the call to become a priest.
Now, Fr. Josh is the Vocations Director of the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. He is a presenter in four of Ascension’s programs: Altaration, YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body, The 99, and Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for This Generation, as well as the author of Broken and Blessed: An Invitation to My Generation, Pocket Guide to Adoration, and co-author of Pocket Guide to Reconciliation.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.