In this episode, Fr. Josh answers questions about speaking in tongues and the differences between sacred art and pornography.
Snippet from the Show
We are all invited to see the human body as a gift and not an object to be used.
Glory Story (2:33)
Speaking in Tongues (5:29)
Hi Father Josh! I’ve recently gone to a retreat/mission school and met people who could speak in tongues. I understand that this is a charismatic gift that is so beautiful, but they were not speaking in other languages like the saints and apostles did. Everyone I met would repeat the sound tick-tick-tick very quickly. I was then told that this was an angelic tongue that was for personal use. Can you explain what this is and whether angelic tongues is truly a gift of the Holy Spirit?
The Differences between Sacred Art and Pornography (20:17)
Hi Father Josh. Thank you for your educational podcast. I love learning more about our Faith and about Jesus through your teaching. My question is this, as someone who likes learning and going to museums it is easy to be confronted by nude art. Is there a difference between something like Michelangelo’s David and pornography? Where does one go to learn more about the distinction between these two things if there is one? Thank you for all that you do.
- Submit your questions and feedback to Fr. Josh by filling out a form at www.ascensionpress.com/askfatherjosh
- Broken and Blessed by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Adoration by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Reconciliation by Fr. Josh Johnson & Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Fr. Josh Johnson
While Fr. Josh was raised Catholic, he didn’t like the Church growing up. Then, one day in adoration, he fell in love with Jesus and received the call to become a priest.
Now, Fr. Josh is the Vocations Director of the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. He is a presenter in four of Ascension’s programs: Altaration, YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body, The 99, and Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for This Generation, as well as the author of Broken and Blessed: An Invitation to My Generation, Pocket Guide to Adoration, and co-author of Pocket Guide to Reconciliation.