Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sr. Miriam, Michelle, and Heather talk about Pope Francis’ Easter message and how we can truly live in the Resurrection. We discuss the power of God that can roll away even the hardest stones in our heart and what the common blocks are to hope in Jesus.
One Thing We Love this Week
Sister Miriam’s one thing – Seminarians at Mundelein Seminary
Michelle’s one thing – Writings of Fr. Padro Arrupe, SJ
Click here to read the Pope’s homily!
- What is the stone that I need to remove, what is the name of this stone?
- Am I expecting to find the Risen Jesus in the most painful parts of my heart and story?
- Where am I giving into discouragement and where have I lost hope?
- What struck you from Pope Francis’ message or the podcast and why?
- What practical things do I need to do to live in the new life God has brought to me instead of the old way?
- Where am I looking? At graveyards or looking for the Living One?
- What place in my heart do I need to invite the resurrected Jesus?
- Spend some time remembering the good things God has done in your life.
Quote to Ponder
“Human history does not end before a tombstone, because today it encounters the “living stone”, the risen Jesus. We, as Church, are built on him, and, even when we grow disheartened and tempted to judge everything in the light of our failures, He comes to make all things new” – Pope Francis
Scripture for Lectio Divina – John 11:25-26
“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.’ Do you believe this?”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.