Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sister Miriam, Michelle, and Heather finish up their lenten series on Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Searching for and Maintaining Peace. They talk about how God wants to build a house where he dwells within us and how we are invited to be receptive and open instead of self protective. They dig into what causes us to lose peace and ask how are we letting the Prince of Peace take care of our difficult situations in life.
One Thing We Love This Week
- Sister Miriam’s one thing – Bishop Barron Presents with Leah Libresco (Facebook link)
- Michelle’s one thing – Think Like a Tree – Live Oaks
- Heather’s one thing – Story behind the song “As You Find Me” by Hillsong United
- What makes me lose my peace?
- What are the things that are keeping God from creating the house that he wants to build in us?
- Is my interior house (in my heart) a place where other people can flourish in my presence?
- Where am I not receptive? Where is there a block in my heart and why?
- Am I really allowing Christ to be the Prince of Peace over the difficult situations or busyness in my life or am I trying to manage it all?
- What are other people’s experience of being around me? Do they feel safe? Do they feel loved and at peace? (Ask a close friend who loves you and then journal and pray about it.)
- What are the ways that you self protect and why?
Quote to Ponder
“Keep your soul at peace” – St. François-Marie-Jacob Libermann
Scripture for Lectio Divina – John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org