Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sister Miriam, Michelle, and Heather continue the conversation in week three of Lent on Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Searching for and Maintaining Peace.
We talk about how fear often causes us to self protect or hustle to escape suffering instead of trusting God. We discuss the power of making space for God and his providence in our lives and how we can trust him when we experience suffering.
One Thing We Love This Week
- Sister Miriam’s one thing: The song “Open Space” by Housefires
- Michelle’s one thing: The song “Awakening” by Amanda Cook
- Heather’s one thing: Peace playlist
- What is the biggest thing you fear will be lacking or absent in your life?
- Where do you think you need to make space for God to show his abundance and his providence?
- St John of the Cross says that God gives in the measure that we expect. Discuss that quote and how you can grow in expectation of God’s goodness.
- What area have you been acting as though you and your own power are the answer to the problem? How can you begin to open your heart to God there?
- Where in your life do you need to experience how capable and powerful God is?
- Why don’t you have confidence in God?
Quote to Ponder
“The Lord can leave us wanting relative to certain things (sometimes judged indispensable in the eyes of the world), but he never leaves us deprived of what is essential: his presence, his peace and all that is necessary for the complete fulfillment of our lives, according to his plans for us.” —Fr. Jacques Philippe
Scripture for Lectio Divina – Matthew 6:31-33
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email us at email@example.com
AMAZING!!! Love you ladies -thank you!
Glad you enjoyed it Claire!