In this episode of the Abiding Together Podcast, we had the pleasure of interviewing Fr. Mike Schmitz! Fr. Mike is a wonderful speaker and evangelist, but more than that, he is a beautiful witness of what it looks like to be a spiritual father.
We discuss spiritual fatherhood in the priesthood and some of the stumbling blocks in our relationship with God the Father. We also discuss what restored masculinity and the family looks like.
One Thing We Love this Week
- Sister Miriam’s one thing – The book The Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You
- Michelle’s one thing – Summer hospitality and potlucks!
- Heather’s one thing – The music video for “Fall On Me” by Andrea and Matteo Bocelli
- Fr. Mike’s One things – Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax and The Heart of Perfection by Colleen Campbell
- Do you feel like you can trust God? What makes you distrust his heart at times?
- What is your experience of fatherhood in your life? How has this impacted your relationship with God the Father positively or negatively?
- What does a rebirth or renaissance of the family look like in our world today?
- Sit with the words, as if said from God the Father, “I am proud of you”. What stirs in your heart?
- Who in your life has revealed the heart of God the Father to you?
- In what areas do you need to experience restoration in your relationship with your earthly father and with God the Father?
Quote to Ponder
“I know I can trust God the Father as my dad” – Fr. Mike Schmitz
Scripture for Lectio Divina – 1 John 3:1
“See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are.”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.