In this episode we talk about how to begin dreaming about the things God is calling us to, which is very different than the cheesy instagram notion. We also share about dreams being deep desires that God places in our hearts to build up the kingdom and how to invite the Holy Spirit to restore the broken place so that new life can come forth.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – Torin Wells “Known”
- Michelle’s One Thing – Reese Witherspoon’s book “Whiskey in a Tea Cup“
- And the LIFEWATR video about art in schools
- Heather’s One Thing – My kids!
- What dreams do you believe that God has placed in your heart?
- Do you trust that God has good things in store for your future or is this a place of doubt? What is the doubt tied to?
- What are the little things that God is calling you to be faithful to right now?
- How can your close friends encourage you to pursue your dreams and God’s calling on your life?
- What is lacking in the world around you that God could be calling you to respond to?
- What dreams are lying dormant in your heart?
- Invite the Holy Spirit to stir up dreams again in your heart. Write down what you think He is speaking to you.
- What is something you sued to love when you were younger that God may want to redeem and restore?
Quote to Ponder:
“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet” – Frederick Buechner
Extra scriptures for this episode:
“And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions” – Joel 2:28
“The LORD answered me: “Write down this vision and clearly inscribe it on tablets, so that a herald may run with it. 3 For the vision awaits an appointed time; it testifies of the end, and will not lie. Though it lingers, wait for it, since it will surely come and not delay. – Habakkuk 2:3
Picture of the Journal for Abiding Together’s five-episode series, beginning Monday, October 22nd! Click here to order now!
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.
Thank you for this podcast! First time listener, and it seemed to be just what I needed to begin dreaming at this time of my life. I’ve been a stay-at-home mom for over 10 years and my youngest has just started kindergarten. That leaves me with more time during the day to explore what God has in store for me! You gave me so much to think about, and I thank you for that! You’re all so precious!
So glad you enjoyed it Angie! Thank you for sharing with us.
Loved this episode!