In this episode, Fr. Josh answers questions about donating your body to science, Old Testament Saints, and the story of Veronica. Fr. Josh also shares some of the fruits of his recent trip to Italy.
Snippet from the Show
We are called to imitate the virtues of the saints so that we can persevere in our walk toward Heaven.
Glory Story (2:32)
Donating Your Body to Science (4:53)
What does the Catholic Church say about donating your body to science, such as to a medical school?
Old Testament Saints (6:45)
Maybe you’ve answered this question already but I’m listening to your show from the beginning so forgive me! Do we regard the people from the Old Testament as Saints? I thought about this question because if I were to ask for the intercession of Moses, first is that okay to do and second do I just call him Moses or St. Moses? Thank you and I love your show!
Veronica in the Bible (11:58)
I want to know more about the 6th station of the cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus. I can’t seem to see this referenced in the Bible, I assume Veronica is one of the women of Jerusalem who wept for Jesus? Can you please explain some more and give some Bible references? Thank you.
- Submit your questions and feedback to Fr. Josh by filling out a form at www.ascensionpress.com/askfatherjosh
- Broken and Blessed by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Adoration by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Reconciliation by Fr. Josh Johnson & Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Fr. Josh Johnson
While Fr. Josh was raised Catholic, he didn’t like the Church growing up. Then, one day in adoration, he fell in love with Jesus and received the call to become a priest.
Now, Fr. Josh is the Vocations Director of the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. He is a presenter in four of Ascension’s programs: Altaration, YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body, The 99, and Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for This Generation, as well as the author of Broken and Blessed: An Invitation to My Generation, Pocket Guide to Adoration, and co-author of Pocket Guide to Reconciliation.