Today’s episode is Part 3 of our series on the women doctors of the Church, on the life of St. Teresa of Avila. We talk about the great gift of her spiritual writings, her humor, her practical wisdom and her reforming spirit. We talk about growing in self awareness and how we can move through spiritual pitfalls.
- What struck you from the podcast this week?
- What areas of comfort do you cling to that may be causing resistance in growing deeper in your relationship with God?
- What is one practical “little by little” choice that you can make to grow this week?
- In what places do you need more healing in your life? How can you open the door to healing in one practical way?
- What are the areas that I tolerate and give in to sin in my life, instead of going deeper?
- Think about your week. To grow in self awareness, journal about your reactions to a situation or person and why you responded the way you did?
- What young parts of your own heart need to encounter the love of God?
- Do you believe that God will be there, as your Healer, if you open the door to past wounds?
Quote to Ponder:
“Either we are brides of so great a King or we are not.” – St. Teresa of Avila
Scripture for the Week – Zephaniah 3:16-20
In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: “Do not be afraid, O Zion; Do not let your hands fall limp. “The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy. “I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts—They came from you, O Zion; The reproach of exile is a burden on them.” Behold, I am going to deal at that time with all your oppressors, I will save the lame and gather the outcast, and I will turn their shame into praise and renown in all the earth. At that time I will bring you in, even at the time when I gather you together; Indeed, I will give you renown and praise among all the peoples of the earth, when I restore your fortunes before your eyes”
Listen to our Doctors of the Church Spotify Worship Playlist
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.