Today on the Abiding Together Podcast, Sr. Miriam, Michelle, and Heather talk about the gift of God’s mercy. In light of the diary of St. Faustina, they discuss how often we don’t turn to God in our weakness and sin because of shame or a belief that we are not worthy. The truth is that God’s mercy is a free, inexhaustible gift that our loving Father wants to give to us in abundance.
One Thing We Love This Week
Sister Miriam’s one thing – Springtime and flowers
Michelle’s one thing – Her trip to Dallas
- What struck you from the podcast this week?
- What has been a stumbling block for you in receiving God’s mercy?
- Often we think of God as a harsh Father, but in fact he shows us His vulnerability as He pours out His heart to us naked on the cross. Share you thoughts on this.
- What is one main area that you need to trust God?
- What is your heart response to God’s gift of complete vulnerability, naked on the cross, giving His heart to you?
- What do you really want to ask God for, confident that He knows best and He is good?
- Why is it hard for you to trust God?
Quote to Ponder
“Jesus I trust in You!” – St. Faustina
Scripture for Lectio Divina – Hebrews 4:16
“Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need”
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org