In this episode of the Abiding Together Podcast, we discuss the power of living a forgiving life, especially when it comes to parenting children, and how unforgiveness in our life can keep us in bondage, and stems from a wound that needs healing. We talk about how sometimes forgiveness feels like we are letting people off the hook, instead of it being a willingness to release our grasp and open ourselves up to God’s grace.
One Thing We Love this Week
- Sister Miriam’s one thing – Seeking Healing Through Forgiveness SEEK Talk with Fr. John Burns
- Michelle’s one thing – Endow’s Discovering the Doctors
- Michelle’s other one thing – Story of Forgiveness
- Heather’s one thing – Blessed is She daily devotional for children ages 8-12 called Rise Up
- What is one area where you are finding it hard to offer forgiveness?
- Sister Miriam quotes this “resentment is like drinking a little bit of poison every day and hoping the other person dies.” Discuss this truth in your own life.
- How can you model a life of forgiveness? If you have children, how can you teach your children about forgiveness?
- How have you experienced the mercy of God in your life?
- Who in your life do you need to offer forgiveness to? What is holding you back from this?
- Journal about how you have felt God’s mercy in your own life
- How have I hurt people in my life and need to ask for forgiveness? In what ways can I restore the relationship?
Quote to Ponder
“Forgiveness is the restoration of freedom to oneself, it is the key held in our own hand to our prison cell” – Saint Pope John Paul II
Scripture for Lectio Divina – Matthew 6:12
“Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us”
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.