In honor of Mary’s nativity celebrated by the Church this week, Fr. Josh answers questions about the biblical origin of the Hail Mary prayer, whether Mary is the new Ark of the Covenant, and how we can understand Mary’s perpetual virginity.
Snippet from the Show
Mary is a bridge to Christ, we cannot reach Christ without knowing her.
Is the Hail Mary a biblical prayer?
Is Mary the new Ark of the Covenant?
Was Mary a perpetual virgin?
- Learn more about Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for This Generation
- Submit your questions and feedback to Fr. Josh by filling out a form at www.ascensionpress.com/askfatherjosh
- Broken and Blessed by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Adoration by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Pocket Guide to Reconciliation by Fr. Josh Johnson & Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Fr. Josh Johnson
While Fr. Josh was raised Catholic, he didn’t like the Church growing up. Then, one day in adoration, he fell in love with Jesus and received the call to become a priest.
Now, Fr. Josh is the Vocations Director of the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. He is a presenter in four of Ascension’s programs: Altaration, YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body, The 99, and Connected: Catholic Social Teaching for This Generation, as well as the author of Broken and Blessed: An Invitation to My Generation, Pocket Guide to Adoration, and co-author of Pocket Guide to Reconciliation.