In this weeks episode we finish up our Advent series, the Fellowship of the Feminine Genius, with a wonderful conversation with special guest Debbie Herbeck. Debbie is a wife, mother, and grandmother who disciples young women and lives radical love in action. She shares with us her journey from Judaism to Catholicism, the cost of the Gospel in her own family, and her life changing encounter with Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta. She also shares how Mary has been pivotal in her life and challenges us to open our hearts to love. To find out more about Debbie you can check out beloverevolution.com and you can check out her three books: Safely Through the Storm, Love Never Fails, Firmly on the Rock.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One thing – The character “Clara” from The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
- Michelle’s One Thing – Spirit Break Out – Kim Walker Smith and experiencing the masculine genius with Fr. Josh, her husband Chris, and Paul George
- Heather’s One Thing – Debbie’s Husband Peter Herbeck (listen to one of his talks ) and her visit to St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal
- Debbie’s One Thing – The phrase “Mission Impossible” – Reflecting on God’s call for us love an impossible person.
- Who is Mary in your life?
- When have women spoken into your life in a way that brought forth life in you?
- What is God asking you to speak into other women’s lives?
- In what area of your life do you need to hear God tell you that you have value and an important role to play?
- In what areas to you feel hidden in your life? How might God want to be present to you there?
- Who in my life is God calling me to be present to and love really well?
- What is one of the basics of the spiritual life and Gospel message that God wants you to get back to?
Quote to Ponder:
“Do small things with great love” – Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Scripture for Lectio Divina – Luke 1:39-56
“At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Meet Your Hosts:
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym. If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.