We continue our Advent mini series on the Fellowship of the Feminine Genius and interview the lovely Ali Hoffman! Ali is also known as “theoodlesofdoodles” on instagram where she creates beautiful quotes and art and is also a full time youth director. We chat with Ali about women being able to celebrate one another’s gifts and live in community over competition and much more!
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One thing – Art piece Bouguereau- Song of the Angels
- Michelle’s other one thing – Love is Christmas – Sara Bareilles
- Heather’s One Thing – Matt Maher “Jingle Bells”
- Ali’s One Thing – Prayer from her favorite priest: “Praise You Jesus, Thank You Jesus, Love You Jesus!”
- What does it look like to relate as community instead of as competitors?
- What do people need to safely share their gifts with other people without feeling threatened or insufficient?
- What is one thing that God is speaking to you this Advent?
- How can I grow in my friendships and offer love more freely?
- Do you believe like Mary that God will fulfill His promises?
- How can you slow done this Week of Advent?
Quote to Ponder:
“Advent is a time for this arising.” – Catherine Doughtery
Scripture of the Week – Luke 1:39-56
“At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
Meet Your Hosts:
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.