It’s not about bringing more people to mass, it’s about bringing more people the love of Christ. Today, Gomer and Dave “Teacher of Teachers” VanVickle explain why our parishes need disruptors in order to grow in evangelization.
Snippet from the Show
“Everything worth having takes effort to keep it going.”
The Parish Box That We Put Ourselves In
We’re asking the wrong questions:
- Maintenance mode for health transformation and not peaks
- We need disruptors – traditionalist entrepreneurs
- Dinosaur Brains
The crisis in Catholicism is far worse than you think:
- 2 out of 15 people do not know or have ever heard of Moses
We do not give children the ability to be saved:
- Start every class with the simple Kerygma
- In the first four weeks of CCD, get everyone on the same page
- Connect doctrinal points to everyday life
- Put the cross in every Church teaching
- Traditional Prayers at the end of class, Charismatic Intercession at the beginning of class
- Intentionally connect each previous lesson with the day’s topic
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Previous Episode: “Evangelizing in Diverse Parishes”
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.