It’s not about bringing more people to mass, it’s about bringing more people the love of Christ. Today, Gomer and Dave “Teacher of Teachers” VanVickle explain why our parishes need disruptors in order to grow in evangelization.
Snippet from the Show
“Everything worth having takes effort to keep it going.”
The Parish Box That We Put Ourselves In
We’re asking the wrong questions:
- Maintenance mode for health transformation and not peaks
- We need disruptors – traditionalist entrepreneurs
- Dinosaur Brains
The crisis in Catholicism is far worse than you think:
- 2 out of 15 people do not know or have ever heard of Moses
We do not give children the ability to be saved:
- Start every class with the simple Kerygma
- In the first four weeks of CCD, get everyone on the same page
- Connect doctrinal points to everyday life
- Put the cross in every Church teaching
- Traditional Prayers at the end of class, Charismatic Intercession at the beginning of class
- Intentionally connect each previous lesson with the day’s topic
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Previous Episode: “Evangelizing in Diverse Parishes”
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Mike is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.