What was it that made Jeff Cavins leave the Catholic Church as a young adult? Today, Jeff Cavins shares about the events and circumstances that led up to his leaving the Catholic Church. He also shares about his journey to falling in love with Scripture. Next week, be sure to tune in and hear about why Jeff returned to the Catholic Church over twenty years ago.
Snippet from the Show
“I was intrigued by their sense of community. They did everything together and I desired to have the kind of friendships I saw.”
7 Reasons Why Jeff Left the Catholic Church
1. I was loved out of the Church, and no one missed me.
2. I was intrigued by their sense of community.
3. They were so focused on God speaking to them in the Bible, and I wanted God to speak to me.
4. The joy they had was infectious.
5. My family didn’t accept my new steps with the Lord.
6. I wanted my life to mean something, and I felt that God was speaking to me in the Word.
7. I saw people doing what I read that Jesus was doing.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.