How do we properly understand Jesus’ death and sacrifice on the Cross? Today I am joined by Dr. Edward Sri to continue our discussion of Catholic atonement theology. Dr. Edward Sri explains why Jesus’ sacrifice was ultimately a gift of love offered to the Father, and how that gift is made present to us in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Snippet of the Show
“The Father never turned his face away from Jesus. Even in his death, Jesus still saw the beatific vision.”
How do we keep the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass a the Center?
- Learn more about the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, it’s important to understand what is truly going on in the Mass.
- Think about the areas of your life where you sense Jesus is asking you to grow in sacrificial love. Areas where he is asking you to surrender more, trust more, and serve more.
- Bring all your disappointments, fears, worries, and sufferings to the Mass and unite your weary heart to Christ’s offering to the Father.
- Always remember that Jesus’ gift of love on Calvary travels through time and is made sacramentally present to us in every Mass.
After a decade of helping Catholics understand the Mass, A Bible Walk Through the Mass has been refilmed for a 10th anniversary edition!
Join this five-part program for an exciting tour of the Liturgy and its biblical roots. You will come to understand the profound significance of what we say and do at every Mass—and you will see its words and gestures in a new light, helping to deepen your participation in the Sacred Liturgy.
In this study, Catholics will…
- Learn the biblical background to the words, prayers, and gestures of the Liturgy and become more deeply enriched by its profound mystery
- Discover the relationship between the Mass and Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary
- Explore the three key aspects of the Mass as Sacrifice, Real Presence, and Holy Communion
- Gain helpful insights for getting the most out of every Mass
- And much more!
New features of this 10th anniversary edition of A Biblical Walk Through the Mass include:
- Video footage of a Mass celebrated at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia that is woven throughout the series
- A combined Leader’s Guide and Student Workbook that includes the study question responses
- New insights from Dr. Sri
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Mike is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.