Our guest this week is Jacqueline Brown, author of the Catholic fiction series The Light Series. Jacqueline tells about her journey from a practicing clinical psychologist to Catholic fiction writer. Jacqueline shares about making time for beauty and art in everyday lives and the importance of Catholic fiction as a genre.
Snippet from the Show
For better or for worse, fiction shapes our world and the society around us. When we as Catholics participate in the creation and consumption of fiction, we allow our voice and our story to take part in that shaping.
When you order Jacqueline’s books, be sure to use the code GIRLFRIENDS to receive 20% off the paperbacks here. Also, the e-book of The Light, the first book in the series, will be available for just 99 cents January 27-February 2, 20202. And finally, the audio books are available on Chirp for just $2.99 and on Audible.
This week, I also share some feedback from Liz who shares some helpful resources for women who want to make reading Scripture part of their everyday routine. Liz suggests:
Have feedback or an idea to share? I would love to hear from you!
- My newest book, Giving Thanks and Letting Go: Reflections on the Gift of Motherhood is available for pre-order. Until January 31, 2020, use code “BEAN” at checkout and get twenty percent off!
- February 20-23, 2020: Los Angeles Religious Education Congress, Anaheim, CA
- Saturday, March 7, 2020: You’re Worth It Retreat at Precious Blood Parish in Jasper, IN
- Saturday, March 14, 2020: Women’s Conference, Fresno, CA
- Saturday, March 28, 2020: Women’s Conference in Norwich, CT
- Want me to come to your community to speak or give my retreat, You Are Enough, based on the themes in my book? Get all the information here!
- Text the word GIRLFRIENDS to 33-777 to get the shownotes!
- Subscribe to Girlfriends in iTunes
- Subscribe to Girlfriends in Stitcher
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.