Feeling overwhelmed in parenting can often be a discouraging experience. Today, Dr. Sri and his wife share openly about the struggle of parenting, and how parents can turn to God in those hard moments when they are tempted to feel disappointed in themselves.
Snippet from the Show
Parents often feel unseen in their struggle raising their kids, but in the eyes of God, every loving effort of a parent is seen by him and precious to him.
When Parenting Gets Overwhelming
- Feeling overwhelmed as a parent is a normal experience.
- When you get overwhelmed, think about the ways you are being invited to grow. Perhaps you are being invited to give more, to learn more, or to make more space for others.
- Feeling overwhelmed reminds us how much we need Jesus, because we cannot do everything on our own.
- When we start getting overwhelmed we are often tempted by the enemy to fall into discouragement, anger, bitterness, and self-condemnation. Discouragement is often rooted in pride, because it’s often a reaction to things not going according to our own plans. Just because things don’t go according to our plans, doesn’t mean they aren’t going as they should.
- Parents often feel unseen in their struggle raising their kids, but in the eyes of God, every loving effort of a parent is seen and precious to him.
“Jesus repair what I have done badly, supply for what I have left undone.”- Fr. Jacques D’Elbee
To get the discount and free shipping in the continental US, go to Avemariapress.com and use the code “BETH” at checkout.
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.