Did you know that Jesus is constantly sharing stories about you through his parables? Today, Jeff walks us through various parables and challenges us find ourselves in those stories and reflect how Jesus is calling us to grow in our relationship with him.
Snippet from the Show
Who are you in the parables? The prodigal son or daughter, the unforgiving servant, or the good samaritan? The parables are not random stories, they are stories about us.
The Pearl of Great Price – Matthew 13:45-46
1. What do you sell things for?
2. What do you put your time and energy into?
3. Are you investing in the KOG by divesting yourself of the world’s treasures?
2. The Prodigal Son – Luke 15:11-32
1. Have you left the Lord in any area of your life?
2. Are you estranged from your family?
3. Is the path you have taken in pursuit of your dreams been a big disappointment?
3. The Good Samaritan – Luke 10:29-37
1. Are you blind to the need of someone at work?
2. Is there a broken relative of yours that could benefit from the healing of Jesus?
3. Are you consciously avoiding someone who is socially beaten up? Friend, Daughter, Colleague?
4. The Ten Virgins – Matthew 25:1-13
1. Are you not preparing for the return of the Lord?
2. Are you more invested in your 401K than the Kingdom of Heaven?
3. Are you assuming that you have a lot of time before you die?
5. The Unforgiving Servant – Matthew 18:23-35
1. Who are you refusing to forgive?
2. Are you taking advantage of the mercy of God in the face of your huge debt?
3. Do you respond to God with gratitude for the enormity of the forgiveness extended to you?
I want to invite those of you who are couples, especially those of you with children, grandchildren, or Godchildren, to join a virtual date night this October. My wife Emily and I will be joining Mike and Alicia Hernon of the Messy Family Project for an evening all about passing the faith, particularly a love of Scripture, on to our children. The idea of a virtual date night is that you join from the comfort of your home – and of course you can be sharing a glass of wine or a favorite dessert – and Emily and I, together with the Hernons who have 10 children themselves, will be talking about the steps we can take to guide our children into a loving relationship with the Lord in His Word. In the second part of the evening you’ll be able to ask questions, so if you’ve always wanted to ask me a particular question about teaching children to love Scripture, this is your chance!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to the Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Fulfilled: Uncovering the Biblical Foundations of Catholicism by Sonja Corbitt
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.