During the Christmas season, we pause to think about the impact of one very special life—the life of Jesus—on the life of every single human being throughout history. It might be easy to see Christ’s impact on the world, but do we ever pause to reflect on how precious and powerful every single human life is? Do you ever take time to think about how your life has powerfully impacted the world around you in ways you might not even know? Today’s episode reflects on how every life carries great meaning in God’s greater plan.
What Do You Expect from Christmas?
- Why do many find themselves saying, “I just want the holidays to be over?”
- All the preparation going into something. A holiday, pilgrimage, etc.
7 Christmas Dilemmas You Might Face
- Over-emphasis on things (gifts). Experiences over things. Give yourself, not just things.
- Bad memories tied to the holidays.
- How to walk in forgiveness.
- 1 Corinthians 2:16- “For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
- How to walk in forgiveness.
- That missing person. Heartache.
- Lean into the holy family, the saints and celebrate the good things that you remember about your father, mother, brother or sister. Make their virtue a gift to yourself and others by telling others of the good things about your loved one. Focus on the gift they gave you, if you can.
- What are you hoping for? What is your desire?
- Preparing for Christ rather than meeting others expectations.
- Ralfie: Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle
- Proverbs 13:12 – “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.”
- So, what do you do when you get the ugly sweater or the clip tie, similar to the one you received at confirmation?
- Preparing for the day after Christmas. Christ came, now what? What are you left with? A mess, calories and returns.
- Sickness: Enter into the sufferings of Christ.
- Financial strain, buying too much.
- Make something.
- Travel. Fights in cars, airport problems, hotel reservation, bad weather.
- How to cope with a “less than an ideal day.”
More Great Resources from Jeff
Find free blogs, videos, and resources about Scripture and the Catholic faith at http://biblestudyforcatholics.com/.
Learn more about The Great Adventure Bible Timeline and preview any study for free.
For an easy way to transform your approach to reading Scripture, check out Jeff’s Bible Timeline Chart.
For an illustrated resource introducing God’s love story to children while helping them to understand how the Catholic Church is the body of Christ on Earth try The Great Adventure Storybook.
We’d Love to Hear from You
Do you have comments or questions for Jeff? Use the comment box below, or email Jeff at email@example.com. You may hear your question or comment in an upcoming podcast episode!
Listen and subscribe:
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.