Have you ever thought about the fact that one of the best ways for someone to get to know your dad is to ask you about him? Tune in to hear Jeff share a story about how a trip to a hardware store helped him understand Jesus’ relationship with his Father- our Father.
There are Three Main Ways You Can Get to Know My Dad:
- Read about what he has done. He has His own Wikipedia page… and there have been many writings about all his accomplishments.
- Spend time with him
- Spend more time with me and I’ll teach you all about him (Comparison: spending time with Jesus helps you discover the will of the Father.)
The Son teaches us about the Father
- About the work His Father does.
- Luke 2:49- “And he said to them, “How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?”
- John 5:17-“But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working still, and I am working.”
- How we can know the Father.
- Matthew 11:27- “All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
- How we can to talk to His Father.
- Matthew 6:9- “Pray then like this:Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”
- Luke 11:2 “And he said to them, “When you pray, say:“Father, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come.”
- What His Father has for us…
- Luke 12:32- “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.”
- How to be with His Father…
- Matthew 12:50- “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother.”
- To trust His Father…
- Luke 11:13- “If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
- Luke 12:29-31- “29 And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be of anxious mind. 30 For all the nations of the world seek these things; and your Father knows that you need them. 31 Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things shall be yours as well.”
- That the Father loves us more than we can imagine…
- Matthew 6:26- “Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
- Matthew 7:11- “If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”
The goal is to be like Jesus, such that one day we hear, “This is my beloved son, (my daughter) with whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17).
More Great Resources from Jeff
Find free blogs, videos, and resources about Scripture and the Catholic faith at http://biblestudyforcatholics.com/.
Learn more about The Great Adventure Bible Timeline and preview any study for free.
For an easy way to transform your approach to reading Scripture, check out Jeff’s Bible Timeline Chart.
We’d Love to Hear from You
Do you have comments or questions for Jeff? Use the comment box below, or email Jeff at email@example.com. You may hear your question or comment in an upcoming podcast episode!
Listen and subscribe:
iTunes | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Google Play