After witnessing the violence in Israel firsthand, Jeff Cavins offers his insights on the war between Israel and Hamas. Jeff acknowledges the fear and anger that people are feeling in response to these horrific events. He offers insight and advice on how we can respond like Christians.
Please be advised that in this episode, Jeff describes some of the horrific events that have taken place in Israel and Gaza. Some descriptions are graphic and may not be appropriate for young ears.
Snippet from the Show
There is something for us to do: pray and then pray some more.
1. I love the Gospel. It truly is the good news.
- “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me” (John 14:6).
- “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34).
- “I, therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all lowliness and meekness, with patience, forbearing one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Eph 4:1-3).
- “So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Cor 13:13).
- “And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them” (Luke 6:31).
2. The battle behind the scenes, principalities…
- “He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him”(Col. 2:15).
- “He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him” (Col 2:15).
- “And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light” (2 Cor 11:14).
3. A Spiritual “Iron Dome.”
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the devil’s wiles. For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the equipment of the gospel of peace; besides all these, taking the shield of faith, with which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that utterance may be given me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak” (Eph 6:10-20).
“We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God and take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Cor 10:5).
4. Be horrified by the killing of babies.
Take a look at ourselves. Why would you not be as horrified about abortion as we are about the killing of babies in Israel and Gaza?
5. Talk to your children if they are aware of what is happening.
Contrast the ways of the enemy with the ways of Jesus!
“And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart, and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates”(Deut 6:6-9).
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.