Dave “The Dialogical Nature of the Sacramental Economy” VanVickle and I continue our discussion about the relationship between faith and the sacraments, diving into how the Trinity reveals itself to us sacramentally and how that embodied revelation requires a tangible response from us.
Snippet from the Show
“The angels don’t use the senses in order to come to knowledge but we human beings need the senses. When God reveals himself, he always does it in a mode we can receive him. Therefore, the gateway to heaven is the humanity that Christ assumed.”
The Relationship Between Faith and Sacraments Series
Today we continue reading The Reciprocity between Faith and Sacraments and dive into the Dialogical Nature of the Sacramental Economy
The Trinitarian God: Source and End of the Sacramental Economy
- Trinitarian Foundation of Sacramentality
- Sacramentality: concept
- Triune God: root
- Faith as a Dialogical Reception of Sacramental Revelation
- Deployment of Sacramentality
- Correlation of Sacramentality with Anthropology
- Sacramentality of Faith
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.