Do we truly believe that the Eucharist is the real presence of Jesus? Today, Dr. Sri reminds us that the God of the universe is dwelling among us in all the tabernacles of the world. He encourages to live a Eucharistic faith so that we may draw near to Jesus who longs to be close to us.
Snippet of the Show
The Jesus who walked the streets of Galilee giving sight to the blind, raising the dead, and making the paralyzed walk, is the same Jesus who is present to you in the Eucharist longing to work miracles in your life.
As Catholics, we believe that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist- Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. However, do we really live like this is a reality? Do we drop everything to see him and spend time with Jesus? Jesus dwells in all the tabernacles of the world and he longs to be near to us. He desires to heal all our wounds and transform us deeply.
“Everyone understands that the crown of thorns is an absolutely unique and extraordinary relic, but the Blessed sacrament is our Lord, really present in his body, soul, divinity and humanity, and you understand that it’s hard to see someone you love perish in the blaze. As firefighters, we often see casualties from fire and we know its effects this is why I sought to preserve above all the real presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.”– Notre Dame Priest
After a decade of helping Catholics understand the Mass, A Bible Walk Through the Mass has been refilmed for a 10th anniversary edition!
Join this five-part program for an exciting tour of the Liturgy and its biblical roots. You will come to understand the profound significance of what we say and do at every Mass—and you will see its words and gestures in a new light, helping to deepen your participation in the Sacred Liturgy.
In this study, Catholics will…
- Learn the biblical background to the words, prayers, and gestures of the Liturgy and become more deeply enriched by its profound mystery
- Discover the relationship between the Mass and Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary
- Explore the three key aspects of the Mass as Sacrifice, Real Presence, and Holy Communion
- Gain helpful insights for getting the most out of every Mass
- And much more!
New features of this 10th anniversary edition of A Biblical Walk Through the Mass include:
- Video footage of a Mass celebrated at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia that is woven throughout the series
- A combined Leader’s Guide and Student Workbook that includes the study question responses
- New insights from Dr. Sri
Meet Your Host: Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Sri is a theologian and the author of several best-selling books. He holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. A founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Dr. Sri currently serves as its vice president of formation. He appears regularly on EWTN and resides in Colorado with his wife, Elizabeth, and their eight children.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.