Storytelling is essential in evangelization. Today, Dave VanVickle and I discuss the importance of narrative and contextualizing doctrine with powerful stories when we share the Gospel.
Snippet from the Show
The Gospel is an adventure story that we must not only live, but also share and pass down through generations like all great stories.
Incorporating narrative in evangelization:
- Present the Gospel story
- Present your story
- Invite them to share their story
- Read fictional stories with Christian themes- C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Chesterton.
- Apply narrative to a doctrine of the Church. If you’re struggling to present a certain church teaching, find a compelling story to introduce the doctrine.
- Pray the scriptural rosary, immerse yourself in the life of Jesus.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- The Great Adventure Catholic Bible
- As parishes plan for the fall, Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.