Imagine a throne at the very core of your heart, who is sitting on that throne, you or Christ? As we approach the great feast of Christ the King, Dr. Sri invites us to acknowledge the kingship of Christ by kneeling before his throne, surrendering our whole lives to him, and letting him reign in our hearts.
Snippet from the Show
“Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and he gives you everything. When we give ourselves to him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ- and you will find true life.”- Pope Benedict XVI
Is Christ the King of your Heart?
- On the feast of Christ the King, we remember that Christ is the anointed one and the great king of the universe who makes all things new.
- Do you allow Christ to reign in your heart? Do you surrender to Christ the King? Do you allow Christ to rule in your friendships, in your work, in your marriage, or in your household?
- Who is really sitting on the throne of your heart, is it you? Is it your will, your desires, or your plans?
- Do you want to be in control or do you trust in Christ’s kingship?
- Jesus doesnt’ just want to be an important part of our lives, he wants to be at the center of our lives.
- What is that thing that you are attached to and placing at the center of your life? A worry, a sin, a relationship, a plan? Surrender that thing to the Lord and let him guide you.
- Don’t be afraid to kneel before the throne of Jesus and place all your desires, worries, fears, and plans at the foot of his throne.
“If we let Christ enter fully into our lives, if we open ourselves totally to him, are we not afraid that He might take something away from us? Are we not perhaps afraid to give up something significant, something unique, something that makes life so beautiful?…. No! If we let Christ into our lives, we lose nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing of what makes life free, beautiful and great… Do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away, and he gives you everything. When we give ourselves to him, we receive a hundredfold in return. Yes, open, open wide the doors to Christ- and you will find true life.” – Pope Benedict XVI
“Take, Lord and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all that I have and possess. You have given all to me. To you, O Lord, I return it. All is Yours, dispose of it wholly according to Your will. Give me Your love and Your grace, for this is enough for me.” – St. Ignatius of Loyola
Walk in the Footsteps of Jesus
Join me on pilgrimage to the Holy Land! January 26th-January 24th 2022. To find out more details of the trip, contact email@example.com
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Art of Living: The Cardinal Virtues and the Freedom to Love
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.