What is the real reason behind the increase in loneliness and anxiety? There is almost an inability, in our world today, to cope with life. Monsignor James Shea addressed this question in his keynote at th SEEK conference. Monsignor Shea offers that perhaps this struggle is a result of growing up in a world without God. Dr. Edward Sri discusses the deeper meaning of Monsignor Shea’s words.
Snippet from the Show
The heart of all our suffering in this world is because we find ourselves under Satan’s power.
- Love Unveiled: The Catholic Faith Explained by Dr. Edward Sri
- The Christian Cosmic Narrative: The Deep History of the World by Fr. John Riccardo
- Foundations for Discipleship by Curtis Martin and Dr. Edward Sri
Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraph 397
Man, tempted by the devil, let his trust in his Creator die in his heart and, abusing his freedom, disobeyed God’s command. This is what man’s first sin consisted of. All subsequent sin would be disobedience toward God and lack of trust in his goodness.
Anxiety is rampant in our world today. It is something that more and more people seem to struggle with. There are a lot of external factors that could increase someone’s anxiety: social media, diet, family life, work, school, etc. However, there are also spiritual factors that are at the root of any suffering. The heart of all of our suffering in this world is because we find ourselves under Satan’s power.
The Devil Lies
Satan seeks to separate us from God. He attacks our freedom and our faith. If you are ever battered with feelings of being worthless or unloved, know that these are lies from the devil. The devil tries to convince us that we do not need God to fulfill the desires in our hearts. These lies have led our world to live without God. We think that we can live without Him and be fulfilled without Him. These are lies that we must resist and squash.
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Jan 12-13: Diocese of Evansville Eucharistic Congress – Evansville IN
- Jan 18-28: Holy Land Pilgrimage
- Jan 31: St. Thomas More Parish Marriage Talk – Centennial CO
- Feb 9-10: St. Vincent de Paul Parish Renewal Weekend – Austin TX
- Feb 15: St. Rita Parish Mission – Wellington FL
- Feb 16-17: Archdiocese of St. Louis Men’s Conference – St. Louis MO
- Feb 21: St. Anna’s Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Monroe GA
- Feb 22: Holy Trinity Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Peachtree City GA
- Mar 1-2: Annual Diocesan Conference – Laredo TX
- Mar 8-9: Catholic Men’s Conference of Maryland – Baltimore MD
- Mar 13-14: St. Michael Catholic Church Parish Mission – St. Michael MN
- Mar 15: Bishop Lucker Lecture for Diocese of New Ulm – Redwood Falls MN
- Mar 20-21: St. Louis Catholic Church Parish Mission – Miami FL
- Apr 5-6: Diocese of Charleston Eucharistic Congress – Columbia SC
- Apr 19-20: Diocesan Eucharistic Congress – Altoona-Johnstown PA
- June 20-23: St. Patrick Catholic Church – Summer Summit – London, England
- June 23-July 1: Rome Pilgrimage
- July 19-20: 2024 National Eucharistic Congress – Indianapolis IN
- Aug 10: Discipleship Conference – Oklahoma City OK
- Aug 23-24: Diocesan Faith Formation Conference – Tulsa OK
- Sept 21: 2024 Annual Meeting and Investiture of the Northern Lieutenancy of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem – Denver CO
- Oct 3: Diocese of Harrisburg Annual Priest Workshop – Hunt Valley MD
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.