What was it about Padre Pio that made him so extraordinary? Dr. Sri gives us an insight into the holiness of Padre Pio, and the secret to his incredible life.
Snippet from the Show
My past, O Lord, to your Mercy; my present, to your Love; my future, to your Providence! – Padre Pio
- Padre Pio’s contemplation and spirituality was always “other-focused” and not centered on himself. It always led him outward toward the evangelization of souls.
- Padre Pio loved Jesus in sinners and continually offered himself as a victim for poor sinners and souls in purgatory.
- Padre Pio teaches us to sacrifice for our family members, friends, and co-workers that are far from Jesus.
Padre Pio Quotes
“We must always have courage, and if some spiritual languor comes upon us, let us run to the feet of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, and let us place ourselves in the midst of the heavenly perfumes, and we will undoubtedly regain our strength.”
“My past, O Lord, to your Mercy; my present, to your Love; my future, to your Providence!”
“In the spiritual life he who does not advance goes backward. It happens as with a boat which always must go ahead. If it stands still the wind will blow it back.”
“Obey promptly! Do not consider the age or merit of a person. And in order to succeed imagine you are obeying the Lord.”
“The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain.”
“Pray, Hope and Don’t Worry. Worry is useless. Our Merciful Lord will listen to our prayer.”
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Host: Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Sri is a theologian and the author of several best-selling books. He holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. A founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Dr. Sri currently serves as its vice president of formation. He appears regularly on EWTN and resides in Colorado with his wife, Elizabeth, and their eight children.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.