The devil wants the evangelist to forget about the salvation of his own soul because he is so preoccupied with the salvation of other souls. Dave “Almost the Strongest Man in Pittsburgh” and I answer a listener’s question about struggling with grave sin while being in a position of leadership in the faith. We discuss the spiritual battle all evangelists face and how to find freedom from sin and shame.
Snippet from the Show
Before we help others fight their spiritual battles, we must first face the battles in our own soul.
- Find a counselor who can understand your struggles with a sinful addictive behavior. Grace build on nature and when we struggle with any kind of addiction, it’s important to seek professional help because we are body and soul (visit betterhelp.com/foxes).
- Remember that you can’t fight the spiritual battle on your own. Spend a lot of time reading the gospels and allow Jesus to do some surgery in your own heart first before you lead others closer to Christ. It takes time to know and love the good.
- Seek out a priest confessor who you can meet with on a regular basis.
- Find a spiritual warfare prayer and implement it into your daily prayer life.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Pocket Guide to the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.