Curious to know how Jeff takes notes? Continuing his discussion on the art of learning, Jeff shares his method of taking notes and what he has learned about note taking over the years.
Snippet from the Show
Doing anything of value takes time.
Reading a Book
Most of us own books. Some of us own a lot of books and others just a few. However, the big question is “What did you gain from reading those books?” Jeff offers a few questions to help us identify if we actually garnered anything of value from the books we have read.
- What was in the book?
- What lessons did you learn from this book?
- Do you know the main point?
- Is there anything from this book you’d like to share with others?
- Will this book make a difference in your work?
- Have you grown closer to Christ as a result of this book?
Take Time to Think
Reading is great. Taking notes is good. However, the piece of learning we cannot skip is that of thinking. It is essential that we take time to think deeply. The key here is “to take time.” You may read just a couple of lines in a book that you need to sit and think with for an extended period of time. There is so much value in this. It allows us to ruminate on an idea and ask questions about it rather than simply underline it and forget about it.
To hear all about what Jeff has learned about note taking and the method he uses, begin listening at 14:55.Also, check out the Obsidian program that Jeff uses for his notes: https://obsidian.md/.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.