Fr. Josh dedicates today’s show to talking about the racial divide in our country, amidst the mourning of George Floyd, and offers some counsel on ways we can heal this form of division in our country.
Snippet From the Show
“George Floyd is the Body of Christ”
We pray for the repose of the soul of George Floyd and all those who have died under racist motivations. We also pray for our country during this time of division and violence, as well as the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Seven things you can do to help heal the racial divide in our world:
- Pray the Litany of the Body of Christ
- “[Insert Name] is the Body of Christ.”
- Pray the rosary for racial reconciliation
- Visit other Catholic parishes, especially those of a different race, and worship with them
- Spend some time in front of the Blessed Sacrament repenting for the sins of others
- Do your own research on racial division, even if you don’t agree with everything being said, and pray after listening
- Take a pilgrimage to the Equal Justice Initiative Museum and Memorial
- Protest places that don’t allow colored memberships and diversity like country clubs, Mardi Gras balls, private schools, and Catholic conferences
Meet Your Host: Fr. Josh Johnson
While Fr. Josh was raised Catholic, he didn’t like the Church growing up. One day, in adoration, he fell in love with Jesus and received the call to become a priest. Now, Fr. Josh is the pastor for Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Louisiana, and he is a presenter in two of Ascension’s programs: Altaration, and YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body. He is the author of Broken and Blessed: An Invitation to My Generation and Pocket Guide to Adoration.