Mike and Dave, the hosts of Every Knee Shall Bow, take time to answer your questions and respond to your reviews. They also provide resource recommendations such as Alpha, Sherry Weddell, SEEK, and more! At the end of the podcast, they also provide five easy ways to observe effective evangelization in action!
Snippet from the Show:
The beautiful thing about our Catholic faith is that when you conform yourself to a celebrity…you lose yourself. But what Christ wants in conforming to him, instead of losing yourself, you actually gain yourself back, and become who you truly are called to be.
Resources Mentioned on this Show:
- Sherry Weddell and the Catherine of Siena Institute
- Divine Renovation a book by Fr. Mallon and Ron Huntley
- SEEK 2019
- Culture Making: Recovering our Creative Calling a book by Andy Crouch
- The Rubin Report: “A Bishop and a Rabbi Discuss Religion”, a YouTube video
5 Practical Tips
- Open up your computer and see what churches or movements in your area are doing well with evangelization.
- Read Culture Making: Recovering our Creative Calling by Andy Crouch
- Pray for a specific priest that they might be able to communicate the gospel well
- Watch “A Bishop and a Rabbi Discuss Religion” from the Rubin Report on YouTube.
- Start an evangelization journal. Get a notebook dedicated for growing as an evangelist. Write about who you are praying for, mistakes you made, things you want to try, talks you have given, basically anything to do with evangelization. Write our practical tips and how well you did. This will help you grow as an evangelist.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
He is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon. Together they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
David “Dave” VanVickle
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen. Since then, he has dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader. His programs focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.