What does it mean to prepare the way of the Lord? Dr. Sri explains how we can use this Advent season to prepare the way of the Lord by growing in virtue so we can give ourselves as a gift of love to God and to others.
Snippet from the Show
The Advent season offers us an opportunity to meet Christ in a transformative way so he can fill the valleys in our souls and straighten our path to salvation.
Prepare the Way with Virtue
“Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths. Every valley shall be filled and every mountain and hill shall be made low. The winding roads shall be made straight, and the rough ways made smooth, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.”– Luke 3:4-6
- It can take us a long time to love and serve Jesus, to grow holiness, and to follow Jesus as a disciple because there are many blockages on our journey.
- Virtue allows us to prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts.
- Prudence,fortitiude, justice, and temperance are the four cardinal virtues that our lives hinge on.
- The virtues give us freedom to give ourselves as a gift of love to God and to others.
- Virtue gives us the freedom to love
- Our lack of virtue doesn’t just affect us individually, it also affects our relationship with other people.
- The Advent season offers us an opportunity to meet Christ in a transformative way so he can fill the valleys in our souls and straighten our journey to salvation.
Email me at email@example.com to purchase your signed copy!
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Host: Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Sri is a theologian and the author of several best-selling books. He holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. A founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Dr. Sri currently serves as its vice president of formation. He appears regularly on EWTN and resides in Colorado with his wife, Elizabeth, and their eight children.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.