If you cry out to God day and night, God will not turn his face away from you. I continue to share another parish talk I recently gave as part of a series on evangelizing your loved ones. Today I share about the power of persistent prayer and the different types of prayer the Catholic faith offers us to intercede for our loved ones.
Snippet from the Show
St. Monica persistently prayed and waited for God to move in her son’s life. When God finally moved, Augustine converted. We don’t always perceive the mystery of God’s will and working, but we need to surrender to his time table and trust that he is always on time.
Persistently Crying Out to God
- Pray Persistently
- Pray for an Ambrose to step into your loved one’s life
- Pray for Monica’s intercession
- Make time in your schedule to pray for your loved ones
- Make Concrete and specific resolutions
- Pray the Rosary.
- Pray novenas.
- Do a Holy Hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament
- Do a Chaplet of the Divine Mercy
- Equip Yourself with the Bible and the Catechism.
Fasting for Your Loved Ones’ Conversion
- Fast for the right purpose
- Fast for the right purpose
- Fast humbly (not showy)
- Fast from nonfood items
- Fast from things you enjoy
- Fast in small doses
- Fast for your child, a pray simply whenever you experience longing
- Offer Up Your Sufferings
- Rely on the Holy Spirit
Find Hope and Healing in the Example of St. Monica
What Would Monica Do? uses the example of St. Monica to provide hope and healing for those with a loved one who has left the Faith through practical advice, insights from Scripture, and personal stories.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- The Activated Disciple by Jeff Cavins
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Mike is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.