If you cry out to God day and night, God will not turn his face away from you. I continue to share another parish talk I recently gave as part of a series on evangelizing your loved ones. Today I share about the power of persistent prayer and the different types of prayer the Catholic faith offers us to intercede for our loved ones.
Snippet from the Show
St. Monica persistently prayed and waited for God to move in her son’s life. When God finally moved, Augustine converted. We don’t always perceive the mystery of God’s will and working, but we need to surrender to his time table and trust that he is always on time.
Persistently Crying Out to God
- Pray Persistently
- Pray for an Ambrose to step into your loved one’s life
- Pray for Monica’s intercession
- Make time in your schedule to pray for your loved ones
- Make Concrete and specific resolutions
- Pray the Rosary.
- Pray novenas.
- Do a Holy Hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament
- Do a Chaplet of the Divine Mercy
- Equip Yourself with the Bible and the Catechism.
Fasting for Your Loved Ones’ Conversion
- Fast for the right purpose
- Fast for the right purpose
- Fast humbly (not showy)
- Fast from nonfood items
- Fast from things you enjoy
- Fast in small doses
- Fast for your child, a pray simply whenever you experience longing
- Offer Up Your Sufferings
- Rely on the Holy Spirit
Find Hope and Healing in the Example of St. Monica
What Would Monica Do? uses the example of St. Monica to provide hope and healing for those with a loved one who has left the Faith through practical advice, insights from Scripture, and personal stories.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- The Activated Disciple by Jeff Cavins
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.