No matter where we are in life, we are able to grow in holiness. Today, Dr. Sri sits down with Fr. Mark-Mary Ames, CFR to discuss his book, Habits for Holiness: Small Steps for Making Big Spiritual Progress.
Snippet from the Show
The spiritual life is real life.
Habits for Holiness
How do you grow closer to sainthood in your daily life? Fr. Mark-Mary, CFR, the Director of Communications for the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and a regular Ascension Presents speaker, answers this question. He takes 800 years of wisdom from the Franciscans and provides small and manageable steps that can lead anyone to great holiness. You can learn more here.
St. Alphonsus Liguori Quote
Those who pray are certainly saved; those who do not pray are certainly damned.
Essentials for the Spiritual Life
There are small, practical things we can do to make a big impact on our spiritual life. First, we need to prioritize prayer. Second, we need to live in community with one another. As Mother Teresa once said, we belong to each other.
How to Find Community Where You Are
- Pray for it and trust God will provide
- Prioritize it and look for it
- When the door is open, walk through it
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.