There are over 10,000 saints canonized by the Catholic Church. Today, Jeff shares a number of inspiring saints children will love and invites us to pair our children with saints so they always have role models in heaven they can relate to and imitate.
Snippet from the Show
While the saints are not divine, they are perfected Christians who have finished the race and can inspire us to keep running towards Christ.
Today, I encourage you to learn more about the saints and introduce your children to them. While the saints are not divine, they are perfected Christians who have finished the race and can teach us how to love like Christ.
When we pair our children with the saints, they grow up knowing they have older brothers and sisters in heaven that they can lean on and look up to. There are saints of every age, race, ethnicity, vocation, career and background. The saints are inspirational figures who can direct and guide our children throughout their lives. I invite you to choose a few saints that you can introduce your child to based on his or her particular interests and needs . Tell your children stories about the saints, hang pictures of the saints in your home, get medals of different saints, and encourage them to emulate the saints.
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it.”- Proverbs 22:6
My Posse of Saints
- St.Teresa of Calcutta
- St.Francis of Assisi
- St. John Paul II
Popular Saints For Children Based on Interests
- If your child loves animals- St.Francis of Assisi
- If your son is interested in the priesthood-St.John Vianney
- If your daughters like flowers- St.Therese of Lisieux
- If your family is of irish descent- St.Patrick
- If your child likes the holy family or – St.Joseph
- If your child loses everything- St.Anthony of Padua
- If your child loves music- St.Cecilia
- If your child likes baking- St.Elizabeth of Hungary
- If your child is interested in becoming a doctor or pharmacist- St. Damien
- If your child is interested in serving the poor and protecting the unborn- St.Teresa of Calcutta
- If your child wants to become a teacher- St. Gregory the Great
- If your child wants to become a soldier- St.Michael the Archangel
- If your child is interested in theater or performing arts- St. Clare of Assisi
- If your child is interested in architecture- St.Thomas the Apostle
In Times of Sickness:
- St. Apolonia- Any Sickness
- St. Agatha- Headaches
- St. Augustine- Eyes
- St.Blaise- Throat
- St. Peregrine- Cancer
- St. Valentine- Fainting
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list!
- As parishes plan for the fall, Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.