If we could re-do our parish ministries knowing everything we know now, what would we do? Dave and I zero in on the number one thing we would focus on if we could go back in time.
This is a good exercise for parishes to do every year, to help focus in on the things that will have the biggest impact, and also a good idea to do right now, as many parishes will have to streamline programs in the coming year.
For LIVE spiritual events like daily Rosaries, Masses, and talks from our other presenters, visit the Ascension Homepage and scroll down to our COVID-19 Calendar.
If we could do the past 10-15 years all over again, what would we do?
- Focus on the preambles of faith, kerygma, and evangelization earlier in his ministry.
- Focus on perpetual Adoration.
- If your parish already has perpetual Adoration, focus on intercessory prayer.
- Go through the Ananias Training from the Catherine of Siena Institute.
5 Practical Takeaways
- Email someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Post something about your personal faith on social media
- Pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet for our medical workers who are in harm’s way
- Make a daily spiritual communion
- Sit down and read one of St. Paul’s shorter letters in the Bible (Galatians, Colossians, Ephesians, etc.)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus by Sherry Weddell
- The Great Adventure Catholic Bible (now 25% off!)
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.