New year, new role, new opportunities for evangelization. Today, Gomer and Dave “the taxman“ VanVickle talk about practical ways to kickstart evangelization at your parish in the new year.
Snippet from the Show
“Having solid relationships just means that the tasks and mission of the Church is going to flow that much easier. You’re investing in the people around you so that they can be invested in the mission.”
- Soul of the Apostolate by Jean-Baptiste Chautard
- Read the Bible! Lectio Continua of the Gospels
- When Harry Became Sally by Ryan T. Anderson
- Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax
- Love Thy Body by Nancy R. Pearcey
- get off on the right foot with the secretaries
- send time with parish staff members one-on-one
- get to know stakeholders: Knights of Columbus, women’s groups, etc.
- community influencers and such, like parents, coaches, etc.
- employees and clergy need to be connected
- Spiritual/Devotional Outreach and Evangelistic Outreach
- Sacramental Preparation needs to more Kerygmatic, more Community, more Prayerful
- “Gee, it would be nice if we could bring back this” – Build political capital with your people
- Look for norms and protocols for hospitality
- Liturgy and Life – you’ll hit a lot of folks because even committed Catholics don’t understand the liturgy and how to bridge it into their lives
- Build a relationship with someone to unburden your heart, because you will have bad days
- Understand Marketing Strategy
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family, Journal
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.