New year, new role, new opportunities for evangelization. Today, Gomer and Dave “the taxman“ VanVickle talk about practical ways to kickstart evangelization at your parish in the new year.
Snippet from the Show
“Having solid relationships just means that the tasks and mission of the Church is going to flow that much easier. You’re investing in the people around you so that they can be invested in the mission.”
- Soul of the Apostolate by Jean-Baptiste Chautard
- Read the Bible! Lectio Continua of the Gospels
- When Harry Became Sally by Ryan T. Anderson
- Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax
- Love Thy Body by Nancy R. Pearcey
- get off on the right foot with the secretaries
- send time with parish staff members one-on-one
- get to know stakeholders: Knights of Columbus, women’s groups, etc.
- community influencers and such, like parents, coaches, etc.
- employees and clergy need to be connected
- Spiritual/Devotional Outreach and Evangelistic Outreach
- Sacramental Preparation needs to more Kerygmatic, more Community, more Prayerful
- “Gee, it would be nice if we could bring back this” – Build political capital with your people
- Look for norms and protocols for hospitality
- Liturgy and Life – you’ll hit a lot of folks because even committed Catholics don’t understand the liturgy and how to bridge it into their lives
- Build a relationship with someone to unburden your heart, because you will have bad days
- Understand Marketing Strategy
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family, Journal
- Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Mike is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.