Are we living our lives for ourselves, or for God? On today’s show, Jeff talks about perspective and how we can focus our lives on God and not ourselves.
Snippet from the Show
“If the sole objective of our lives is to make ourselves better, then we miss the mark.”
For LIVE events like daily Rosaries, Masses, and talks from our other presenters, visit the Ascension Homepage and scroll down to our COVID-19 Calendar.
How to go from “Meology” to Theology
- Shape your perspective
- Genesis 3:6 – “So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate.”
- Do and create everything for the glory of God
- Galatians 2:20 – “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- Colossians 3:17 – “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
- Colossians 3:23 – “Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men”
- Pursue education in order to be a better disciple of Christ
- Proverbs 24:3-4 – “By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.”
- John 10:10-11 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”
- Matthew 5:16 – “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
- Psalm 115:1 – “Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to thy name give glory, for the sake of thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness!”
- Deny yourself daily
- Matthew 16:24-26 – “Then Jesus told his disciples, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?”
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list!
- A video message from Jeff Cavins
- Learn about more of what Ascension is doing during the coronavirus here.
- You Are Enough: What Women of the Bible Teach You About Your Mission and Worth by Danielle Bean