Are we giving Mary too much attention as Catholics? Will a devotion to her take away from a relationship with Jesus? Dr. Sri discusses these questions in light of the Church’s invitation to honor Mary throughout the month of May.
Snippet from the Show
God is the Divine Artist and his masterpieces are the saints.
Mary is Our Spiritual Mother
Before Jesus died, he gave Mary to us as our spiritual mother (John 19:27). Bound by the Fourth Commandment to honor our father and mother, we are called to honor both our earthly and spiritual mothers, and we imitate Jesus by doing so.
Learn About Mary
If you feel like you know Mary but desire to deepen your relationship, or are looking for ways to honor Mary, consider learning more about her by meditating on the following scriptures in prayer:
- Luke 1:26
- John 2:1-11
- John 19:26-27
- Revelation 12
Walking with Mary: A Biblical Journey from Nazareth to the Cross
Want to learn more about Mary? Dr. Sri’s book is available here!
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in they mercy hear and answer me. Amen.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee to we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Jun 9-10: Diocese of Marquette Eucharistic Congress – Marquette MI
- Jun 23-July 1: Rome Pilgrimage
- July 26-27: Applied Biblical Studies Conference – Steubenville OH
- July 26-28: Defending the Faith conference – Steubenville OH
- Aug 19-20: Fullness of Truth Family Conference – San Antonio TX
- Aug 25-26 – Catholic Men’s conference – Beaumont TX
- Oct 13-15 – Leaders Conference – Malta
- Nov 12-20 – Holy Land Pilgrimage
- Dec 8-10 – Immaculate Conceptions Men’s Retreat – Malvern PA
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.