Do you find yourself just going through the motions in life and feeling empty? Today, Jeff explains the difference between making a living and making a life and shares practical ways to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
Snippet from the Show
Making a living is temporal, while making a life is eternal.
Seeking the Kingdom of God
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, pand all these things will be added to you.”- Matthew 6:33
Making a life is different from making a living. When we focus on just making a living, attaining earthly possessions and checking off boxes, we begin to lose sight of the true meaning of life- to be with God for all eternity. While being responsible and taking care of our earthly duties is necessary and important, our ultimate fulfillment is found in our relationship with God and seeking God’s will in all other relationships and areas of life. When we only focus on earthly goods, we risk living an empty and disintegrated life. Jesus invites us to live a life that is more than just comfortable, he desires us to live a life that is abundant, beautiful and fruitful. Let us prioritize the rule and reign of Jesus in all areas of life. I encourage you to examine all the relationships and categories of your life and determine what truly matters in each of them.
Categories of Life
1. Relationship with God
2. Relationship with Spouse
3. Relationship with Children
4. Relationship with Friends
5. Relationship with Colleagues
Four Principles for Making a Life:
- Determine your priorities in all categories of your life – Take time and pray, be honest and arrive at the one thing you need to do in your relationships to attain deeper meaning. What would happen in your life if you didn’t do that one thing?
- Nurture your priorities
- Protect your priorities, make sure to schedule them.
- Do it – Most importantly, follow through and take action!
LIVE Virtual Bible Study: Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible with Jeff Cavins
This fall, you have the opportunity to participate in a LIVE virtual Bible study with me on Wednesday nights. Starting on Wednesday, September 16th at 8PM EST, I will be presenting one of Ascension’s most popular Great Adventure Bible studies- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible. I will be presenting the Bible study in 8 LIVE interactive sessions on Ascension’s Facebook page. Each hour-long live session will consist of prayer, teaching, and audience engagement (Q&A).
BUY YOUR WORKBOOK:
Get your physical workbook of Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible here
When you purchase the workbook, you will get access to the 8 pre-recorded video sessions to watch before each live session. For a $5 discount on your workbook, use the code jeffcavinspodcast at checkout.
Text UMBLIVE to 33-777 to receive email updates about the event.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list!
- Ascension Presents YouTube Channel
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.