How do we discern God’s will for our lives? Whether it’s contemplating a big move, asking someone on a date, or accepting a job offer, we all face moments in life when desire to know the will of God for our lives. Dr. Sri takes us through a foundational moment in his life when he had to make an important choice and offers us three key insights on how to discern the will God in our lives.
Snippet from the Show
Discernment often involves wrestling with God, learning to surrender, and discovering our own desires, attachments, and fears.
Learning to Discern the Will of God: 3 Key Insights
- Discernment often involveswrestling with God and learning to surrender. It’s a process of discovering your own attachments, fear, and desires. It also give us a glimpse into where we are in our relationship with God and our desire to control.
- Look for inner peace, often times our initial emotional response can be misleading because it brings up disordered attachments, which is why it’s not the the source of true inner peace. Always take things to prayer and ask God for the deeper peace only he can give.
- Learn to trust God’s providential care more than your own.
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.