How do we discern God’s will for our lives? Whether it’s contemplating a big move, asking someone on a date, or accepting a job offer, we all face moments in life when desire to know the will of God for our lives. Dr. Sri takes us through a foundational moment in his life when he had to make an important choice and offers us three key insights on how to discern the will God in our lives.
Snippet from the Show
Discernment often involves wrestling with God, learning to surrender, and discovering our own desires, attachments, and fears.
Learning to Discern the Will of God: 3 Key Insights
- Discernment often involveswrestling with God and learning to surrender. It’s a process of discovering your own attachments, fear, and desires. It also give us a glimpse into where we are in our relationship with God and our desire to control.
- Look for inner peace, often times our initial emotional response can be misleading because it brings up disordered attachments, which is why it’s not the the source of true inner peace. Always take things to prayer and ask God for the deeper peace only he can give.
- Learn to trust God’s providential care more than your own.
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Host: Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Sri is a theologian and the author of several best-selling books. He holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. A founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Dr. Sri currently serves as its vice president of formation. He appears regularly on EWTN and resides in Colorado with his wife, Elizabeth, and their eight children.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.