Do you have a complicated relationship with your body? Join the club! Every woman struggles with this from time to time, and some of us seem to struggle all of the time. But God wants better for you. He made you good, and your body is a gift, right now in whatever size or shape you find yourself in. Let’s talk about ways to improve your relationship with your own body and nurture a healthy, balanced body image.
Snippet of the Show
God gave you life by giving you the body you are in, and he desires for you to have a good relationship with it.
- Pay attention to the way you think about your body and how you talk to yourself about it.
- Say something positive about your body out loud every day.
- Bring your struggle to prayer and ask God to show you what lies you believe about yourself.
- Wear clothing that fits well and feels good in the size you are right now.
- Know that you might need to break up with your scale.
- Move your body! You will instantly feel better.
- Notice and give thanks for all the things that your body allows you to do for yourself and for others.
At the end of today’s show, I share a voicemail from listener Kristine about how to nurture our kids’ faith lives.
Have feedback or an idea to share? I would love to hear from you!
My new book, Whisper: Finding God in the Everyday, is available to order! We are hosting a mini book club, right here in the podcast each week. I hope you will join us!
Check out the Catholic Momcast featuring Lisa Hendey and me, available on iTunes!
Find out more about bringing this unique event for women to your parish, group, or community. Read more and request more information here.
Or find out more about having me come speak at your parish or conference.
Meet Your Host:
A writer, speaker, wife, and mother, Danielle helps women from all walks of life discover their dignity and worth so they can find peace, balance, and joy in family living. Danielle has been married to her husband Dan for 23 years, and together they have eight amazing children. Currently, Danielle serves as brand manager at CatholicMom.com and host of The Gist, a talk show for women on CatholicTV.
Danielle’s books include, You Are Enough: What Women of the Bible Teach You About Your Mission and Worth and Momnipotent: The Not-so Perfect Guide to Catholic Motherhood, as well as her latest book, Giving Thanks and Letting Go: Reflections on the Gift of Motherhood.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.