Do you have family members who have fallen away from the faith? Today, Dr. Sri is joined by missionaries Erin and Fallon Scanlan, to talk about how to share the faith with family members. We learn how God can use us as powerful instruments of love and deeper conversion within our own families. Erin and Fallon Scanlan serve as regional directors for the Fellowship of Catholic University Students.
When we pray with deep trust, the Holy Spirit makes space for powerful conversions in the hearts of our loved ones.
- We can’t cause deeper conversions in the lives of our loved by our own power. We must learn to entrust the souls of our loved ones to God, and pray for the Holy Spirit for the grace of openness.
- Share the faith in the context of authentic relationship and friendship built on trust.
- Listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit as you share the faith so you know how and when to share topics.
- Be patient with your family member and don’t expect them to understand everything right away.
- Ask for the grace to be bold if you feel the Holy Spirit is asking you to share something important, even if you fear getting rejected.
- Don’t feel like you need to know all the answers about the faith.
- It’s alright to disagree, sharing the faith can be a messy journey.
- Love your family member above all
Click here to learn more about FOCUS (The Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
No Greater Love LIVE with Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Edward Sri will be leading a virtual study of No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion Bible every Wednesday starting February 24, 2021!
The LIVE sessions will take place every Wednesday at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time for 6 weeks.
Each LIVE lesson will be free on Facebook, but they will be based upon the associated study videos, so it is highly recommended to watch the study videos before each livestream! You can access the study videos by purchasing the study set or online only access. Click here to learn more!
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Sri is a theologian and the author of several best-selling books. He holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. A founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), Dr. Sri currently serves as its vice president of formation. He appears regularly on EWTN and resides in Colorado with his wife, Elizabeth, and their eight children.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.